Monday, March 30, 2015

Stepping Out Without The Westies

 Saturday night we stepped out without the westies
to a relatively new restaurant in Royal Oak called 
T at the General Store.  It took some convincing
of the husband before he agreed to give it a try.
 This restaurant is what I would classify as a
neighborhood gem!
 We started with a glass of red wine ... which is
so typical of us ... but they did offer some interesting
cocktails on the drink menu that may warrant
a try next time around.
 For our first course we both ordered a bowl
of tomato Parmesan soup with some warm crusty bread.
 Wilson ordered the pork chop and was totally impressed
with the cooking and taste.  He said this was the best pork chop
ever and for my husband to make a comment like this
 is few and far between ... We will be going back for sure!
 I decided on the tea rubbed chicken breat.  It was moist and
tender and I ate the entire thing which is unusual for me.
 Wilson had poppy seed cheesecake and I had brownies with
ice cream.  I liked his cheesecake better but needless to say
there wasn't a crumb of anything left on our dessert plates.
Overall we truly liked this restaurant a lot.
Our next visit will be for lunch sooner rather than later.
Now it's time to get back to work on my new quilt layout.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you found a local gem. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete